Friday, March 11, 2011

Weekly Photo


These are some shots of buildings that I've noticed. My mom's an architect so I've always been incredibly aware of the buildings around me; mostly because every time she comes to the city she names the period and maybe architect of every building we pass. But I've really been noticing how shadows and the angles of the building effects its color (as seen in the first two). Then in the second one on top the pattern and composition that these buildings create just through their various hues. Even though they are mostly neutral tones they appear to be colored because the environment and the building adjacent is of a neutral as well. Then the bottom picture reminded me of the time in class when we were playing with the sunlight and how it effected the color of the various colors around.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, the hue to hue one works so well bec. they are so close to one another as you said (all neutral)- otherwise someone wouldn't notice the "Color". I wonder if this would apply some way to race? We could see subtlety rather than gross generalities?

    Sunlight- that's COLOR! Look at the sky, it feels dropped in.

    ReplyDelete