Friday, February 18, 2011

Skin

My skin is strange in my opinion. It is very olive. I am Irish, Spanish and Native American. The red pigments that Native Americans possess seem to be lacking in my skin, but most people assume that I am mostly Native American, which is false. I am mostly Black Irish, which is Spanish Irish. Native American descent can be traced back but only one person, my great great great grandmother (there may be more greats in front of her) on my mother's side.
 I was raised in the South, and am very immune to the harsh sun, and get pretty dark in the summer. None of my roots are in the South however, except for  the one Cherokee on my mother's side. I have traced when my family moved to the South and it wasn't too far back, my great-great grandparents. I traced my ancestors that came into America, and on both sides they were Irish criminals. One was in Alcatraz.  Besides the handful of crooks in my family, the rest were poor Irish working class. My father and his side look very Irish. My mom looks 100% Spanish and has six siblings; three with pale pale skin and red hair, and the other three are dark with dark eyes and black hair. The yellow pigments show in my skin more heavily in the winter, but even in the summer, my skin retains a darker olive, still very yellow.
After mixing my skin tone, I found that I actually DO have much more red in my skin than green or yellow, so I guess I am not as olive as I thought. When we lined the class up based on skin tone, I fell in the middle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment