Tuesday, February 15, 2011

my skintone

I check the white box. Somehow this box of the past continues to mark our perception of skintone. I'd say I'm a color that burns easily. A shade of pale that quickly transforms into red when publicly put on the spot. Sometimes I'm two different kinds of color, one of which only I can see. In warmer weather, my color drives down the street with the window down, turning an arm into the color of Mexican Vacation. Once, when parts of me that should never have seen sunlight tasted the artificial UV rainbow, they became the most angry shade of red. My skin color rotates between pale beige and red. My skintone responds in with violets, pinks, deep blushes, and hot lava. I look for shades of brown, but will only find them on me if they first came from a spray can.

No comments:

Post a Comment